Bacon & Mint Mash
- 1 kg Maris Piper, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers rindless smoked streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 x 142ml carton double cream
- 25 g butter
- 1 x small packet fresh mint, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- mint leaves, to garnish
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for about 15 - 20 minutes, until tender. Drain thoroughly.
- Place the boiled potatoes in the bowl, fit the K beater and beat on Speed 3 for about 20 seconds, until mashed.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon for 5 - 10 minutes, until golden and crispy. Add the cream and butter and bring to the boil, stirring until butter is melted.
- Add the bacon mixture to the potatoes with the mint and pepper and beat on Speed 2 for about 20 seconds, until well blended. Scatter over mint leaves and serve immediately.