Up to £100 cashback when you shop and switch your energy
Hurry! Offer ends soon (12th December)
What is the offer?
Switch your energy tariff to Currys Cashback Fixed December 2019 by First Utility between 01/11/2017 - 12/12/2017 and we'll give you £100 cashback on any kitchen appliance with a marked price of £400 or over if you switch both fuels. Change electricity only and you'll still receive £50. The cashback offer is on top of any existing promotions, so you'll get an even bigger discount. The offer is exclusive to Currys customers - you won't find this tariff anywhere else!
What are the benefits?
Save money on your energy bills – the Currys Cashback Fixed December 2019 tariff plan by First Utility is currently 4% cheaper than the average 2 years fixed rate, giving you an estimated average annual energy saving of £157*
With First Utility's guarantee that rates won't go up for 24 months, you'll enjoy savings and peace of mind without having to search for a new supplier.
First Utility are ranked in the top 3 for customer service by the Citizens Advice Bureau, are recommended by readers of Good Housekeeping Magazine and scored the best in Currys 2017 Customer Service Score Survey**
You'll get a free smart meter so you can monitor your energy usage. For even more control over your energy you can download the First Utility App to your smartphone.
How do I qualify for the offer?
STEP 2 - Switch your energy
Switch your energy tariff to Currys Cashback Fixed December 2019 by First Utility
STEP 3 - Send us the receipt
Send a clear picture of your appliance sales receipt or online order confirmation to email@example.com within 30 days of your appliance purchase
- This offer is operated by DSG Retail Limited (company number 00504877). Our registered office address is 1 Portal Way, London W3 6SD. We are part of the Dixons Carphone group of companies.
- This offer is open to everyone who is at least 18 years of age when redeeming the offer and resident in England, Scotland or Wales.
- The promotion is for a cash rebate on the price of any single large kitchen appliances (including Built-in or Freestanding Washing machines, washer dryers, tumble dryers, 1 Door/2 Door & American style Fridge Freezers, ovens, hobs, hoods , cookers and dishwashers) with a marked retail price of £400 or more. This appliance must be purchased by you in a Currys store, or on the www.currys.co.uk website between 01/11/2017 and 12/12/2017 (inclusive). Any appliance bought before or after these dates is not eligible for the cash rebate. Only one rebate may be claimed for each successful energy switch under this offer.
- The cash rebate is dependent on you successfully switching your electricity supply (if you do not have mains gas) or your gas and electricity supply (if you have mains gas) to the Currys Cashback Fixed December 2019 by First Utility and complying with the First Utility’s terms and conditions of supply. The Currys Cashback Fixed December 2019 is available exclusively on the www.energysaver.shop website, the Energy Saver iOS and Android app and the Energy Saver contact centre between 01/11/2017 and 14/12/2017. You must apply to switch before midnight on 14/12/2017, when the Tariff will be withdrawn from sale. You will receive £100 cash rebate if you switch both electricity and gas or £50 if you switch your electricity supply only. Gas-only switches are not eligible.
- You will not be eligible for the cash rebate if you have bought and then returned the appliance to us, if you have cancelled the switch or if the switch fails, for any reason outside of our or First Utility’s control.
- Any existing First Utility customer who switches from a longer term tariff to the Currys Cashback Fixed December 2019 tariff may be charged exit fees by First Utility.
- The cash rebate is only available to customers able to pay for their energy by monthly Direct Debit. Customers using Prepayment energy meters are not eligible to participate.
- You must provide a valid email address in order to participate.
- To claim your cash rebate, you need to email us the proof of purchase of the qualifying appliance to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days having bought the qualifying appliance. Please retain your sales receipt.
- 1We will verify your cash rebate claim within 30 days of receipt against our sales records and inform you by email if your claim is eligible. We will send you an email if we have questions about your claim. The cash rebate will be paid in accordance with paragraph 11.
- valid cash rebate claim will be paid by BACS transfer after it has been verified by ourselves and after First Utility have confirmed to us that your switch has gone live. Payment will be made by DSG Retail between 60 and 90 days after your claim has been submitted, into the bank account you used to create the Direct Debit payment for your new energy supply with First Utility. We are unable to pay into another account or via another payment method.
- DSG Retail Ltd reserve the right to amend the Cash Rebate Scheme, including ending the Scheme early. Any withdrawal will not take effect retrospectively and we will honour any redemptions for 30 days after withdrawal in accordance with paragraph 9 above.
*As of 11/10/2017. Based on annual elec usage of 3,709 kWh elec and 14,000 kWh gas (average annual energy usage as provided by 2,790 Currys PC World customers that have taken the Energy Saver Challenge and switched since July 2017) and payment by monthly Direct Debit. Compared against EDF Connect + Control, ScottishPower Help Beat Cancer Saver January 2020, ScottishPower Help Beat Cancer Fixed Price January 2020, ScottishPower Help Beat Cancer Fix & Save January 2020, npower Go Green Energy Fix Dec 2019, npower Price Fix December 2019, Flow Energy Forget me not 2019, ExtraEnergy Bright Fixed Oct 2019v1, Economy Energy2 Year Saver Fixed, First Utility First Fixed Oct 2019 v2 plus, Green Star Energy RateSaver 24m + Perks, M&S Fix& More Paperless, SSE Fix & Shop, E.ON Fixed 2Y v11
** Based on 2017 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results:
Average score on a scale 1 – 10 (1 - strongly disagree, 10 - strongly agree)
- Likely to recommend First Utility: 7.31 (all suppliers avg. score 6.43)
- Value for money: 7.44 (all supplier avg. score 6.64)
% of respondents with minimum one year of the service history: 81%
Total number of respondents: 1293 who have either compared or compared and switched theirs
Comment: First Utility scored well above average on Likelihood to Recommend to Family and Friends while doing even better on Value for Money. The consistency of their performance that makes the company stand apart: an impressive 81% of respondents reported being with their supplier for more than 1 year, lending their opinions greater weight. First Utility's overall performance, therefore, translates into the highest overall 2017 Service Score, a fantastic achievement