- Why Instant Replacement?
- Existing customers
What's Instant Replacement?
Our Instant Replacement plan means you’ll be supported if your product breaks down due to an electrical or mechanical fault.
If your product breaks down, we’ll give you a new one on the spot. If we’ve got your product in store we’ll swap it straight away, if not we’ll find you an alternative replacement.
If your product breaks down due to an electrical or mechanical fault.
You’re entitled to as many new replacement products as necessary during the 3 years of your plan, and your plan will continue as usual even if your product is replaced.
Instant Replacement excludes accidental and cosmetic damage of the product. For a full set of what’s not included please see the T&Cs.
|Product price||TVs & appliances||Cleaners||Imaging, audio, drones & tablets|
|Product price £20 - £40|
|£20 - £40||£9||£11||£9|
|Product price £41 - £60|
|£41 - £60||£12||£15||£14|
|Product price £61 - £80|
|£61 - £80||£16||£22||£19|
|Product price £81 - £100|
|£81 - £100||£21||£28||£24|
|Product price £101 - £120|
|£101 - £120||£26||£33||£29|
|Product price £121 - £150|
|£121 - £150||£30||£38||£34|
Terms & Conditions
View full Instant Replacement terms and conditions
Section A - What’s included
We will provide you with the following:
Unlimited replacements if for any reason your Product isn’t working due to an electrical or mechanical breakdown that affects the operation of the product (please note the Section B exclusions below).
If your Product isn’t working please take it to one of our stores, together with this document. Once the fault is confirmed your Product will be replaced on the spot.
The replacement that we select for you will be a Product of equivalent or similar specification up to a maximum of your original Product purchase price paid. If an appropriate Product is not available, the price originally paid will be credited towards a Product of your choice.
The Plan is for a total of 3 years, upon which your Plan will expire. You are entitled to unlimited replacements during the 3 years of your Plan. However, your agreement will end if an appropriate Product is no longer available and we issue a credit towards a Product of your choice or if the replacement chosen is not eligible for Instant Replacement and you'll be entitled to a pro-rata refund on any Plan payments you have made in advance.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You need to be a resident of the United Kingdom and have been living in the UK or Channel Islands for at least 6 out of the last 12 months.
- Your Product must be less than 12 months old.
- Your Product must be purchased from Currys PC World or Dixons Travel
Section B - What is not included?
- Any accidental damage.
- Theft or loss of the Product (or any part of it).
- The replacement of regularly replaced items/consumable items, including:
- Built-in batteries
- Bulbs and lamps.
- Vacuum cleaner belts.
- Any cosmetic damage (e.g. rust, scratches etc.)
- Breakdown due to flood, wind or other severe weather conditions.
- Breakdown due to fire, unless caused by an electrical malfunction within the Product.
- Replacement of the Product which has been neglected, abused, misused, or damaged intentionally. You must take reasonable care of the Product.
- Replacing a Product which has been exposed to insect infestation (or similar phenomenon) or human/animal fluid/matter.
- Inoperability of the Product caused by withdrawal of services by a third party or by a failure of, fault with or interruption of a utility supply.
- In no event will we be liable for loss or corruption of data, records or information, loss of profits, costs relating to any other policies or plans you have in place, loss or corruption of software, loss of benefit, loss of goodwill or loss of business, or any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss arising from any data recovery service.
- Household appliances and products if used for business purposes.
- Any loss suffered if you cannot use the Product.
- Any worldwide cover.
- Any loss related to any data recovery service.
Section C – Important Information
This is not an insurance policy and is an extended warranty plan only.
"Us, We, Our, Team Knowhow" means DSG Retail Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, number 504877 whose registered office address is 1 Portal Way, Acton, London, W3 6RS and which trades under the names Currys, PC World, Dixons Travel and Team Knowhow;
"You, Your" means the person who has entered into Instant Replacement as defined in the document (top right).
- You don't have to buy Instant Replacement at the same time as you purchase your new product. You have up to 12 months to decide.
- Instant Replacement is provided by DSG Retail Limited. In the event that DSG Retail Limited ceases trading there is no dedicated financial backing.
- Similar plans may be available from other providers.
- There are statutory rights in place that apply to faulty goods. You can find advice on those rights from the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Compare prices of extended warranties for domestic electrical goods at www.compareextendedwarranties.co.uk from any internet enabled mobile device, smartphone, PC or laptop.
- Your household insurance may provide you with some protection for your Product but:
- You may not be protected for faults caused by electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Portable Products may not be protected.
- Your annual premium may increase after your claim.
- You may have to pay an excess.
- You may cancel this Plan at any time. If you cancel a Term Plan within the first 45 days of purchase, you will be entitled to a full refund (unless you have made a valid repair request). If you have made a repair request or wish to cancel after the first 45 days, you will receive a pro rata refund of the Plan payments you have paid based on the number of full unexpired months of cover remaining.
- You are entitled to unlimited replacements during the 3 years of your Plan.
- We will not be responsible for any failure to carry out our obligations under Instant Replacement if it is caused by any circumstances outside our reasonable control.
- To prevent damage caused by viruses, we strongly recommend that you keep all operating systems and anti-virus software up to date.
- If the Product stores data, we strongly recommend that you back up your data regularly as we can’t guarantee to restore data if your Product needs repairing.
- Where appropriate fully guaranteed refurbished or generic parts may be used.
Section D - Cancellation notice
You can cancel this Plan at any time by either writing to us at the email or postal address in Section H or, by calling Team Knowhow Customer Services (see Section H for contact details). If you cancel within 45 days of purchase and you haven’t used the service, we’ll give you a full refund. If you want to cancel your plan after 45 days of purchase, you’ll be entitled to a pro-rata refund.
Section E - Updating your details / Transferring the Plan
If you need to amend any of your details, such as your name or address please contact Team Knowhow Customer Services (see Section H for contact details) so that we can update our records. To ensure you get the best service possible it is important the details of the owner of the Product remain up to date.
If you sell or give away your product, you can transfer this Plan to the new owner, free of charge. To do so you must write to us with details of the new owner’s name and address.
Section F - Data protection
Section G - Complaints procedure
DSG Retail Limited is the Instant Replacement Plan administrator and aims to provide the service in accordance with the terms and conditions. In the event of a complaint, please contact our Team Knowhow Customer Services Team (see Section H for contact details).
Section H - Get in touch for help and support
If you require any Care Services literature in an alternative format such as Braille, audio cassette or large print, please contact Team Knowhow Customer Services.
Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes