Check out our secure, quick and convenient ways to pay
- Credit & debit cards
Credit & debit cards
Found your perfect tech? Sorted your delivery or pick up? Now all you need to do is pay. Its that easy!
Although we only accept UK registered cards, you can use our Reserve & Collect service if you would like to pay in person when collecting from store. We also offer a range of flexible credit and leasing options so you can spread the cost for any major purchases.
When we take payment for your order
As soon as your order is placed we request authorisation for payment from your bank. This includes orders that are to be delivered on a specific date.
Reducing the risk of authorisation being refused by your card issuer
- Make sure your personal details are correct and match those registered to your bank account.
- When pre-ordering items, ensure the expiry date of your card is not outside the expected release date for your items.
- Make sure your card is registered to the billing address.
- Sign up to a card authentication scheme such as Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- If you are placing a high value order, consider informing your bank before purchase.
- If your bank directly contacts you to confirm account usage, please inform us and we will retry for authorisation.
Credit & debit card FAQs
What payment methods do you accept in stores and online?
We currently accept payment from:
- American Express
- Visa Credit
- Visa Debit / Delta
- Masterpass by Mastercard
- Cash and Currys PC World gift vouchers are also accepted in store
What is the card validation code?
The card security code is a unique three or four-digit number printed on your debit/credit card. The number is not embossed on the card so that it cannot be printed on receipts - making it difficult for anyone other than the genuine cardholder to know it.
Some cards, many UK-issued cards for example, have a three-digit number printed at the top of the signature strip on the reverse of the card.
Others, American Express cards for example, have a four-digit number printed on the front of the card, above the account number.
Is shopping online with Currys PC World safe?
We can assure you that every order you make on our website is safe. We use strict security precautions to make our website safe, including the use of a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) server. Any information you enter while you're using the secure server is encrypted before being transmitted, so it is virtually impossible for an outside party to access or intercept your information.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar at the bottom of your screen. Additionally, your web address should start with https: - the ‘s’ indicating it is a secure page. This should appear on any page where you are entering personal information, such as your payment card
Our website is verified by Norton Secure, powered by Verisign to protect your personal data. Your payment methods are also covered through MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa.