No.1 image sensor manufacturer for digital cameras and video recorders*
As the world’s no.1 maker of image sensors
Key benefits of a Sony image sensor:
- Amazing imaging quality
- Larger sensor captures more light
- Reveals more detail in shadows and highlights
- Brilliant low-light performance
About image sensors
Sensors come in a variety of sizes, each with their individual advantages. Full-frame sensors are considered the modern equivalent of large format, while APS-C is medium format.
*Based on Sony research from April 2017 to March 2019 (over 50% market share).
Take advantage of the latest technology
Sony is constantly innovating to give you access to the latest technology. For example, you can now use WiFi® or NFC™ connectivity to transfer images straight onto your mobile phone, or create stunning time-lapse footage with Playmemories Camera Apps™.
- 24MP FULL-FRAME image sensor with 5-Axis Stabilisation, delivering a 4.5 step fast shutter speed
- 5fps continuous shooting with AF⁄AE tracking to capture moving subjects
- Fast Hybrid-Autofocus keeps everything sharp where the action is
Award-winning autofocus technology meets unshakeable stability and touchscreen in palm sized bodies. The Power of Mirrorless.
The tiltable LCD screen is versatile and convenient, giving you a wide range of shooting angles. From stunning sunsets to perfect selfies, you can capture it all.
A new range of autofocus
- 4D FOCUS enables superior autofocus performance in four dimensions
- Wide autofocus coverage (2D height and width)
- Fast autofocus speed (3D depth)
- Enhanced predictive tracking (4D time)
Wide angle, zoom, macro and lots more – having the right lens for your shot is a crucial part of photography. Sony has a wide variety of interchangeable E-mount lenses, so you’ll always be able to find that perfect piece of glass for your composition, and shoot with greater creative control. And if you buy an adapter, you can use any Sony A-mount lens.