5 budget tech gifts under £20
Secret Santa or stocking filler? Here are 5 Christmas gifts ideas that’ll give you change for a £20 note...
07 Nov 2019
Whether you’re looking for a secret Santa gift or a thoughtful stocking filler for the man or woman in your life, you don’t have to spend big to give them something they’ll love. Check out our top gift ideas for under £20.
If you’re buying for someone who’s into their music, why not consider a Bluetooth speaker or portable wireless speaker?
They can move from room to room without ever having to stop the music. Some great features to look for include:
- A long battery life, so they can go longer without having to charge
- The option to connect wired or wirelessly
- Cool extra functions like a speakerphone, so they can make hands-free calls
Christmas is about bringing everyone together, so what better present for capturing the moment than a selfie stick?
A Bluetooth selfie stick will let you control your phone to get everyone in the shot, so no more having to squeeze.
- Most selfie sticks are universally compatible with smartphones
- Bluetooth compatibility lets you take pictures using the button on the end of the selfie stick
- All feature an extendable arm for getting a wider angle
Headphones and wireless headphones
You can’t go wrong with a great pair of headphones, and you’ll be amazed at what you can get for under £20.
If you’re shopping for a novice DJ, some pairs offer fantastic high-quality audio, and with Bluetooth connectivity, they can say goodbye to the hassle of wires. Have a think about:
- If they’re foldable, making them perfect for the on-the-go person
- If controls are built-in so they can manage their music without their smartphone
- Whether they feature an in-built microphone for hands-free calls
No one wants to be caught short with a flat battery.
A portable power bank is a great gift for anyone who hates to be without their phone, and they can usually charge up a range of other things too – making them perfect anyone who’s always on-the-go. Tips:
- Look at the mAh capacity to see how many charges a power bank will provide
- Most are compact and lightweight – ideal for popping in a handbag or backpack
- Lots come pre-charged straight out of the box
Everyone loves a gift that helps them look and feel their best. A hairdryer is a sure winner for anyone who likes to change up their style, and most come with some great added features you can look out for:
- Multiple heat and speed settings to suit their hair type
- A Cool shot function that helps to lock in styling
- An extra-long cord to make styling easier