5 sports headphones to keep you motivated
Determined to get fit in the New Year by taking up running? Whether it's a Park Run or a 10K race, we've got the right headphones to keep you on track…
20 Dec 2018
Why listen to music while running?
74% of runners listen to music when they run according to Runner's World magazine…but why?
- Distraction from the pain – Pharrell sounds so much sweeter than your own heavy breathing
- Set the pace and tempo for different stages of the run with a curated Spotify playlist
Find out which headphones suit your running style.
1. Serious runner: wireless design and performance boost
If you find yourself getting tangled in wires while you train for your next race, wireless headphones could be best for you. Some even have extra features to get more from your workout and get you ready for that 10K.
Why not try… Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Bluetooth headphones
- Connect to your smartphone or iPod wirelessly using Bluetooth – no trailing cables
- Run in all weathers – they’re sweat and water resistant to give you durable performance in tough conditions
- Stay comfy with a lightweight headband and soft, silicone ‘StayHear’ Tips that sit securely in your ears
- Never run out of juice with up to 5 hours battery life for non-stop motivating soundtracks.
2. Park Run fashionista: Cool branding and comfy design
You like to look good when rocking up at your local park run, so pick an on-trend pair of headphones that blends style and smooth handling with solid sound performance.
Why not try… Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless Bluetooth headphones
- Get maximum comfort as you exercise by mixing and matching the earbud tips and wingtips for the perfect fit
- Connect wirelessly to your iPhone and other Apple devices through Bluetooth
- Run all day with up to 12 hours’ battery life or 1 hour on a 5-minute quick-charge
- Take calls during your run with RemoteTalk (that’s if you still have the energy to chat)
3. In-ear personal trainer: Workout tracking and gym buddy
Getting serious about running and want to get the best out of your training? A headphone set that helps you stay on track could be the motivation you need.
Why not try…Jabra Elite Active 65t Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Get real-time data on your progress with its integrated motion sensor to make the most of your workout
- Use voice commands to call a friend or switch-up the running music
- Be free of cables and cords with the wireless design that connects to your phone via Bluetooth
- Get durable performance with sweat and water resistance
4. Uninterrupted focus: secure and durable
Not a fan of your headphones constantly falling out when you exercise? Try a pair that will stay put even through those intense cardio sessions.
Why not try… JBL Endurance Jump Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Clever Twistlock design stops the earbuds from falling out mid-exercise
- Power through long-distance runs in all weathers with sweat and water-resistance
- Built-in remote and microphone lets you take calls and adjust music volume during your workout
5. Flexibility and motivation: suitable for any sport
You’re often too busy to plan your workouts ahead of time and need your headphones to be ready to go when you are.
Why not try… Goji GSHOKBT18 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Ready to go at the drop of a hat - battery gives you up to 5 hours of listening time
- Don’t let wires get in the way of your workout - enjoy cable-free music
- A sweat-proof and water-resistant design so you can keep up your fitness rain or shine
- Secure feel with handy ear-hook design