Best running tech for beginners
Kickstart 2020 by stepping up your fitness regime. From keeping track of your health to running a marathon, we can help find the right tech for you.
17 Dec 2019
Have you promised friends and family that this is the year you’ll finally stick to your running resolution, but now you’re having second thoughts?
Don’t worry, we’ve got some great tech to help get you motivated on those chilly winter mornings.
A simple way to track all your activities – Goji GO HR
Whether you run for pleasure or you’re just starting out, the Goji Go HR tracks your fitness to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Keep an eye on your overall fitness levels by monitoring all of your activities. Sync everything with the Goji app and track your progress over time.
With the Goji Go HR, you can:
- Track your daily activity, from your step count, distance travelled and calories
- Set goals to get you motivated – receive alerts when you reach your target
- Monitor the quality of your sleep and see reports showing you patterns of light and deep sleep
- Sync everything to the Goji app to see all of your stats in easy to understand charts
Take your training up a gear – Fitbit Versa 2
If you’re in need of a little motivation to help you achieve your fitness goals, the Fitbit Versa 2 is the ultimate running companion.
It’s got a whole host of clever features including 24/7 heart rate tracking and real-time pace and distance tracking, so you can immediately see how you’re improving after each run.
Whether you’re running, swimming or even sleeping, the Fitbit Versa 2 can track it all.
With the Fitbit Versa 2, you can:
- Use SmartTrack to automatically detect the activity you’re doing and start tracking it
- Get accurate health monitoring using the built-in heart rate monitor
- Ask your smartwatch what the weather will be like during your run with Amazon Alexa
- Get a breakdown on the quality of your sleep to help get a better night’s rest
For the seasoned runner – Garmin Forerunner 45 Running Watch
From short sprints to marathon endurance, the Garmin Forerunner 45 can help you reach your targets much faster.
Accurately track your distance using GPS, time and pace as you’re running, so you know exactly how to improve. If you’re running on the track, just a quick tap of a button marks a lap or skips a song, so you can stay motivated and track your race accurately.
And with the Garmin Connect app, you’ll be able to track your stress levels, sleep patterns, heart rate and get detailed step by step running stats.
With the Garmin Forerunner 45 Running Watch, you can:
- Monitor your heart rate 24/7 to find the most efficient workout time
- Track your steps and calories burned
- Get a personalised workout plan that adapts to your progress
- Get all your texts and smartphone notifications on your wrist
Personalised training plans from professional running coaches
The Garmin Forerunner 45 also gives you access to Garmin Coach. Enter your goal - which could be to simply get through your first 10K or run a half marathon in a specific time. Then choose from three professional running coaches and you’ll get a training plan that’s designed just for you and adapts as you improve – so it’ll keep you on your toes all the way to race day.
Go for a running watch that does it all – Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 really feels like it’s made for all-weather workouts and hitting your goals faster.
With a Super AMOLED screen, you’ll clearly see all your important stats as you run, while the rotating bezel makes it super easy to control.
The in-built heart rate monitor can also track your blood pressure and feed accurate data to help create healthy habits. The built-in GPS helps the smartwatch recognise what kind of workout you’re doing. And you can even set daily goals to get that extra bit of motivation.
With the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2, you can:
- Get all of your smartphone notifications straight to your watch and scroll through messages with the rotating bezel
- Personalise your watch with different face options so you’ll see as much or a little detail as you want
- Control your SmartThings - if you have other Samsung smart devices, like smart lights or CCTV, you can control them all from your watch
- Store your Spotify playlists for offline listening without your phone