Black Friday Twitter Auction - grab a bargain!
To celebrate Black Friday we're kicking off a series of auctions, only available on Twitter, giving you the chance to get the latest technology for less than half price. Here's how it works...
27 Nov 2015
To celebrate Black Friday we're kicking off a series of auctions, only available on Twitter, giving you the chance to get the latest technology for less than half price.
How does it works...
We've set secret prices for all the products in our Black Friday auction - between £1 and half price.
Here's how to take part:
1) Guess the secret price & tweet @CurrysPCWorld with your bid, using the allocated hashtag for the auction.
2) If you guess correctly, you'll be in the running to receive a code to buy the product at the secret price!
It's as simple as that!
What's in the auction?
The products up for grabs today for less than half price are:
08.00-08.59 Auction 1: @Sonos Play:1. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £84.50 & bid with #SonosAuction
09.00-09.59 Auction 2: @LGUK 43" 4KTV. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £224.50 & bid with #LG4KTVAuction
10.00-10.59 Auction 3: @Sphero BB8 Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £84.50 & bid with #SpheroBB8Auction
11.00-11.59 Auction 4: @Nespresso Inissia. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £49.99 & bid with #NespressoAuction
12.00-12.59 Auction 5: @Dyson V6 Total Clean. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £139.50 with #DysonV6Auction
13.00-13.59 Auction 6: @Kenwood kMix. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £134.99 & bid with #kKmixAuction
14.00-14.59 Auction 7: @Beats Solo HD 2. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £67.50 & bid with #BeatsSolo2Auction
15.00-15.59 Auction 8: @PlayStation 4 1TB. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £164.99 & bid with #PS4Auction
16.00-16.59 Auction 9: @Microsoft Surface. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £374.50 & bid with #SurfaceAuction
17.00-17.59 Auction 10: @GoPro Hero4 Session. Guess the secret price btwn £1 & £124.99 & bid with #GoProAuction
Good luck bargain hunters!
Terms & conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rules by which the auction is run. By placing a bid, you acknowledge that you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Age restriction: 18 years and over
Auction date: 08:00- 17.59 on Friday 27th November 2015
1. The promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over only ("Entrants"), excluding employees of DSG Retail Limited (the "Promoter") and their families and the Promoter's associated companies (and their families), agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. By entering the promotion, the winning bidder may be required to take part in publicity as required by the Promoter and agrees to allow the Promoter the free use of their name, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes.
3 If you participate you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. Participation is limited to one bid per person per item. If multiple bids are made only your first will be accepted.
5. To enter the promotion, entrants must follow @CurrysPCWorld and tweet their bid using the relevant hashtags provided for each item and stipulated in term number 6.
6. There will be ten items in the auction, these are:
08.00-08.59 Auction 1: @Sonos Play: 1 (usually £169). Bids must be between £1 & £84.50.
09.00-09.59 Auction 2: @LGUK 43" 4KTV (usually £499). Bids must be between £1 & £224.50.
10.00-10.59 Auction 3: @Sphero BB8 (usually £129). Bids must be between £1 & £84.50.
11.00-11.59 Auction 4: @Nespresso Inissia (usually £99.99). Bids must be between £1 & £49.99.
12.00-12.59 Auction 5: @Dyson V6 Total Clean (usually £279). Bids must be between £1 & £139.50.
13.00-13.59 Auction 6: @Kenwood kMix (usually £269.99). Bids must be between £1 & £134.99.
14.00-14.59 Auction 7: @Beats Solo HD 2 (usually £135). Bids must be between £1 & £67.50.
15.00-15.59 Auction 8: @PlayStation 4 1TB (usually £329.99). Bids must be between £1 & £164.99.
16.00-16.59 Auction 9: @Microsoft Surface (usually £749). Bids must be between £1 & £374.50.
17.00-17.59 Auction 10: @GoPro Hero4 Session (usually £249.98). Bids must be between £1 & £124.99.
7. Bids must be minimum £1.00 and maximum half the usual price of the item being bid on. Bidders must include the hashtag to identify the item they are bidding on - bids without hashtags won't be considered.
8. Each placement of a bid will constitute a legal offer and may be accepted as the winning bid at any time.
9. To be the winning bid in the auction, the bid must be the closest bid to the secret price set by the third party. In the event of a tie it will be the bid lower than the secret price that will be deemed as the winning bid.
10. If your bid is successful, the Promoter will notify you by direct message and send you a unique code for redemption. The code will allow you to purchase the item ONLINE ONLY for the winning bid price. The code is a single-use code and not transferable.
11. If there are multiple bids that match the secret price of the item, one bid will be chosen at random from the matching bids as the winning bid.
12. If there is a dispute between you and another bidder, the Promoter is under no obligation to become involved in such dispute. You hereby release the Promoter, its officers, employees and agents and anyone professionally connected to the auction from any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in connection with any such disputes.
13. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are not received or for delays in the receipt of the item.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit, delay or prohibit an Entrant's ability to participate in the promotion.
15. If the entry procedure is found to have been tampered with in any way, including submission of 'spam' entries or falsified data the Promoter may withdraw the promotion or remove some entries at its absolute discretion.
16. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entries which it feels do not comply with these terms and conditions or where any form of bad faith is suspected.
17. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any Entrant has been involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity connected with the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that Entrant and any related entries.
18. The winning Entrant is responsible for ensuring they are able to purchase the item as set out and in accordance with these Terms. In the event they are unable to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate it to another eligible Entrant.
19. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The name and county of the winning Entrant will be available by sending a SAE to the Promoter using the address below. Do not send requests until 22nd December 2015.
21. The Promoter's name and address is: Currys, 1 Portal Way, London, Middlesex, W3 6RS.
22. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and come under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.