Clever kitchen gadgets for heathy eating
Clean eating can be hard to stick to. Whip up wholesome meals that taste delicious with our pick of easy-to-use kitchen gadgets…
27 Mar 2020
‘Clean eating’ isn’t just another diet fad or Instagram hashtag - it’s vital for a healthy lifestyle. And there’s never been a better time to introduce nutritious, unprocessed foods into your day to day. As an added bonus, it works out a lot cheaper than buying takeaways or ready meals.
Here are our favourite kitchen gadgets to make healthy eating easier...
We all know that grilling is a healthy alternative to frying food in a pan. You don’t need to coat the grill in oil, and it removes excess fat to stop it from being reabsorbed during cooking.
It’s not just for meat and fish either. Did you know grilling also helps vegetables retain more of their vitamins and minerals?
It might not be able to hold as much food as your big outdoor barbecue, but a handy mini-grill will still give you those smoky grill lines – keeping that taste of summer alive.
We recommend: George Foreman Precision Grill
- Feed the whole family by cooking up to 6 portions at a time
- Angle your grill to drain away fat and grease for easy cleaning
- Versatile cooking – pop in a lasagne or cottage pie thanks to a new deeper baking pan
- Prepare restaurant-standard steaks with the new sear function
Slow cooking has inspired a whole new way of preparing delicious meals without the fuss. It’s a great way to make healthy family favourites packed with veg, without having to spend loads of time boiling, grilling or steaming.
What is a slow cooker?
A slow cooker is a countertop all-in-one stew pot that makes cooking effortless. It’s so easy. Pop in your favourite ingredients and forget about it. In a few hours you've got a wholesome and succulent stew.
We recommend: Morphy Richards Sear and Stew Slow Cooker
- Cool-touch handles mean you can quickly serve up after a long day of stewing
- Searing option gives you maximum flavour when cooking joints of meat
- Hefty six-litre capacity means you can feed the whole gang in one go
- No fuss cleaning – all parts are dishwasher safe
Keep up your motivation to eat clean by mixing up your meals. It makes things a bit more interesting.
A food processor is a hugely versatile kitchen gadget that takes the hard work out of food prep. You can chop, blend, whisk, and slice to create a variety of healthy and delicious dishes, quickly and simply.
It’s a great way to cook from scratch without all the hassle, and using fresh ingredients means you can control exactly what goes into your food.
We recommend: Kenwood Multipro Compact
- Space-saving design so it won’t take up half your kitchen
- Comes with accessories including emulsifying tool, stainless steel blades and grating disks
- 2.1-litre bowl and a 1.2-litre glass blender for family-size meal prep
- Stainless steel parts that are dishwasher-safe and stay sharp
Steaming is quick and easy, retains vitamins and minerals in veg, maintains freshness and lowers cholesterol.
And yet steaming is known as the boring way to eat healthily. Sure, plain steamed chicken and veg is boring. But steaming doesn’t have to mean zero flavour. For example, it’s really easy to infuse flavours into meat, fish and vegetables by adding citrus and herbs to the water. Just use your imagination!
We recommend: Logik Stainless Steel Steamer
- 9-litre capacity over 3 tiers to cook a whole meal in one
- Steam pots are dishwasher safe for less washing up
- Timer makes it easy to steam to perfection
What's your go-to gadget for healthy eating? Comment below and let us know!