How to set-up your JVC Android TV using a smartphone or computer
Get your JVC Android TV set up the smart way!
01 Mar 2021
If you love the idea of picking from over 500,000 movies and shows right in from of you, you’ve made a great choice with your JVC Android smart TV. Start up Google Assistant and you can use your voice to control your TV and even your smart home devices. It’s that smart!
But before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s get you set up. Connect your aerial or set-top box and the plug in your TV. Now you’ll need your TV remote. Press and hold the left arrow button and the menu button for 5 seconds to pair your remote. Then select your language.
You now have the option to set up your JVC Android smart TV in three ways – with your Android phone, your computer or your TV remote. Just pick the way that suits you best!
Setting up your TV with your Android phone
This is the first fastest option. It’ll also copy over your Google account settings from your phone – so things will be just the way you like them.
- Select the Android phone option.
- On your phone, open the Google app. Your phone will now start connecting to your TV.
- You’ll be given a code on your phone and your TV screen. Just check they match and then continue.
- Select your Wi-Fi connection and then confirm your fingerprint.
- Choose the Google account you want to use. This will then be copied over to your TV.
- Enter your Google password, confirm ‘Terms of service’ and you’re ready to finish the set up.
Setting up your TV with your computer
This is another fast option. It’ll also be a good option if you don’t have an Android phone. Just skip past Quickly setup your TV with Android phone and select this option to start.
- You’ll be asked to connect to the internet. You can either plug an ethernet cable into the back of the TV or you can use Wi-Fi. So have your password ready!
Tip: Make sure your router is as close to the TV as possible.
- If you’re gone down the Wi-Fi route, pick your router from the network list and then put in your password.
- You’ll now be connected!
- Next, you’ll be prompted to sign into your Google account. Just pick the option that lets you sign in through your computer.
- Now it’s time for your computer! Visit androidtv.com/setup and enter the six-digit number you see onscreen.
- Select the Google account you want to connect or create one if you don’t already have one.
- Next, sign into your Google account, confirm ‘Terms of Service’ and you’re ready to finish set up.
Setting up your TV with your remote
This is the third option along. So, if this is the option you want to use just skip past the others.
- Follow the first four steps of “Setting up your TV with your computer” to connect to the internet.
- Now select the option to use your remote to sign into your Google account.
- You’ll then be prompted to fill in your username and password. You’ll need to create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Then confirm ‘Terms of Service’ and you’re ready to finish set up.
Whatever method you choose, you’ll next have a few extra things to set up before you can start making popcorn.
You’ll have some Google options to go through – including their Terms of Service, whether you want to include Google Assistant or switch on personal results. Follow the onscreen instructions to tune in your TV, download the apps you love to your Home Screen. It’s easy!
Need to tune in your TV?
If you have a set top box, you won’t need to tune your TV because you can access channels through the box. If you have a connected through an aerial, this is something you’ll have to do. But it’s a cinch! Just make sure you aerial is connected.
- When the message comes up on screen saying “Scan for TV channels” select Yes.
- Select your country and then select AIR – AUTO SCAN
- Once the scan is complete, you’ll see how many channels are tuned in. And that’s it!
The days of twiddling tuning nobs through TV static are long gone. You’re set up and ready to go!
Now it’s popcorn time!
Need more help?
If you could use a hand, why not give us a call on the numbers below. We're always happy to help.
UK: 0344 561 1234
Ireland: 1890 818 575