Our guide to cordless vacuums
Isn’t it time you cut the cord? Say goodbye to plugs and cables with a cordless vac. The latest models are powerful as well as super-portable for easy spring cleaning.
25 Oct 2018
Lugging a heavy vacuum from room to room, plugging and unplugging it each time… it’s no good for your back, and it can be downright irritating.
What you need is stress-free wireless cleaning. With battery life getting better all the time and suction that rivals even the mightiest plug-in units, cordless vacuums can replace your main vac to handle your whole house.
Why buy a cordless vacuum?
- Vacuum more efficiently – no more cords slowing you down
- More portable – reach under the sofa or take outside to clean your car
- Lightweight so you can whiz up and down the stairs without changing sockets
- Easier to take care of smaller jobs like crumbs and mud before visitors arrive
Can a cordless be your only vacuum?
In a word – yes. The latest cordless vacuums now offer as much power as their plug-in cousins. Plus they have enough battery life to get round the house in one go.
Some models with lithium batteries can last for up to 60 minutes on a single charge. Although charging can take a few hours, lithium batteries last longer than standard batteries and waste less energy when you’re using them.
Worried a cordless vac won’t do a thorough job? The more amps, volts and watts it has, the more powerful it is. First-generation cordless vacs lacked oomph, but now most models can compete with corded vacuums.
Free up much needed storage space
Because they’re smaller, lightweight and more streamlined than corded vacs, cordless sweepers fit easily into small homes that don’t have room for bulky appliances.
Many cordless vacs have charging docks you can attach to a wall or hang in a cupboard, meaning they don’t take up precious space – in fact, they look pretty cool.
Cordless vacuums we love
1. Dyson V10 Total Clean
If you want excellent cleaning power and zero fuss, you’ll love this top-of-the-range vac.
- Up to 60 minutes vacuuming on a single charge
- Three power modes to tackle any sort of grime on any kind of surface
- Switch to a handheld cleaner in seconds – perfect for the car, stairs and sofa
- “Point and Shoot” emptying safely ejects dust into the bin
2. Vax Blade 2 Max
If you’re budget-conscious but still want incredible power, try this VaxBlade 2 Max – maximum power, middling price.
- Super lightweight design means no tired arms or aching back
- Twin Helix Brushbar tackles dust you didn’t know you had – and fast
- Easily detachable handheld vac for stairs, sofa and high-up spots
3. Shark True Pet Cordless Vacuum
Perfect for pet owners, this flexible fellow gets into all the nooks and crannies of your home – no pet hair is safe.
- Tackle different surfaces without changing heads
- Specialist cleaning tool seeks out and sucks up every strand of animal hair
- Flexi-wand bends into the deepest gaps to make sure every square inch of your home is clean
Want to see more? Check out our full range of cordless vacuums