Care & Repair
How to buy
What's Care & Repair?
Breakdown support when you need itLearn more
We'll repair your product if it breaks down due to an electrical or mechanical fault that affects its operation.
7-day fix promise
We’re so confident we can repair your product quickly we’ve made a promise. If we take more than 7 calendar days, you can ask for a replacement.
Beyond repair? Get a Currys PC World voucher for a new oneLearn more
If we’re unable to repair your product, we’ll give you a Currys PC World voucher to get a new one.
Ask for a new one after your second repairLearn more
If we can’t repair your product, or it develops an electrical or mechanical fault after we repair it twice, you can ask for a Currys PC World voucher so you can get a replacement product in one of our stores.
Don’t pay a penny more for parts, labour and call outsLearn more
We’ll pay for it all.
* where possible
Free delivery, installation & recycling if we must replace your product*
TVs & entertainment
Computing & gadgets
Large household appliances
TVs & entertainment
Large household appliances
TVs & entertainment systems
Computing & gadgets
* where possible
Terms & Conditions
Section A – What’s included?
We will repair your Product in the event of breakdown due to an electrical or mechanical fault that affects the operation of the Product.
If you require support and advice if your Product isn't working, please get in touch with our team of experts (see Section J for contact details) who will try to diagnose the problem and confirm whether the fault is due to an electrical or mechanical breakdown.
If the problem is confirmed as an electrical or mechanical fault, but we can't solve the problem over the phone we will repair the Product or provide you with a Currys PC World voucher to obtain a replacement Product in one of our stores (please note the PRoduct Replacement details and the Section B exclusions). During the call we will advise on next steps including whether you will need to take your item to store depending on the size of the product.
7 Day Fix Promise
To get you back up and running quickly, where we are dealing with the fault, we aim to repair products within 7 calendar days.
If we take over 7 calendar days to resolve the fault, you may request a replacement Product.
Please note the Product Replacement section below.
The 7-day promise period will start on either:
- The day after the date you book in your Product in one of our stores.
- The date of our engineer’s first visit when access to the Product is gained.
- The day after the date that we collect your Product from you.
The 7-day promise period will end:
- When the Product is back in store and available for you to collect.
- The first delivery date available to return the Product to you.
- When our engineer completes the repair.
The 7-day promise does not apply if you have contacted the manufacturer or any other third party to carry out the repair direct and the fault is being resolved by the manufacturer or any other third party.
The 7-day promise is subject to allowing us reasonable access to the Product for assessment and resolution. If we cannot get access to the Product (e.g. you are away), the 7-day promise will not start. You will need to reschedule our engineer's visit and the 7-day promise will start when our engineer gains access to the Product.
If you have purchased a separate service for data recovery ("Data Recovery"), the 7-day promise will only start once the Data Recovery has been completed and the Computing Product has been returned to one of our stores and booked back in for assessment and resolution. The Computing Product is then required to be booked in with a Currys PC World colleague at one of our stores.
We may at our sole discretion repair the Product or any part of it using a repair service of our choice.
The repair will take place in our repair centre or in home, dependant on product type. Household Appliances will be in-home, TV & Entertainment Products will be via collection and return and Computing & Gadgets will be drop off and collect from store (if you are not able to get to store then a collection from home can be arranged).
If we cannot repair your Product you will be given a Currys PC World voucher to obtain a replacement Product in one of our stores. You will have 12 months from the date of issue of the voucher to use the voucher. The value of the voucher will be based on an equivalent or similar specification product up to a maximum of your original Product purchase price. We will also provide you with a Currys PC World voucher to purchase delivery, installation and recycling (where applicable).
In some instances, at our discretion where we have directed you to a third party for a repair, a replacement product may be given by a third party instead of a voucher by us. If the third party replaces your product your Care & Repair will continue.
If we replace your laptop, 2in1 Detachable computer, PC desktops, Tablet, E-reader, Apple & Smart Watch, Printer, Scanner, Smart Tech, Apple mac or iPad we will provide you with a Walk Out Working service (further details are in the 'Walk Out Working’ section).
Apple iPads will be replaced with an Apple authorised replacement product.
Once we issue you with a Currys PC World voucher to replace your product, we will immediately cancel your Plan with effect from the date of the incident which gave rise to the repair request and you'll be entitled to a pro-rata refund of any Plan payments made for the period after the date of termination of the Plan.
If replace your Product, the original Product will become our property.
Walk Out Working (This applies to Computing & Gadgets only)
If we are unable to repair your Computing & Gadget Product and we replace it by giving you a Currys PC World voucher to obtain a replacement product you will be entitled to receive walk out working services from our in-store experts. We will:
- Set-up and check your device so it’s ready to use when you get home.
- Give you 1 to 1 time with an expert, setting up your software and accounts on the device.
- Transfer any data from any back-ups you have.
Products excluded from Walk Out Working are Cameras, Camcorders, HiFi, Portable audio, GPS, Games console and Telephones.
If your Product has an electrical or mechanical fault after being replaced on two previous occasions, you may request a replacement. This benefit applies on the third separate electrical or mechanical fault. If you request a replacement in accordance with this clause the provisions of the 'Product Replacement' section will apply.
24/7 Expert Support (This applies to Computing & Gadgets and TV & Entertainment only)
Our expert support service covers a variety of products from our Computing & Gadgets and TV & Entertainment Products. Call our team of experts (see Section J for contact details) and we will help you with any 'get started' and 'how to?' questions.
Valet Service (This applies to Household Appliances only)
We will provide one valet service for your Product during the lifetime of the Plan for 'Term' customers. Or every 5 years for 'Pay as you go' customers. The valet service is available if your Plan applies to a Product that is one of the following large kitchen appliances only:
- Washing machines and dishwashers – cleaned and descaled.
- Cookers – trays, grills, interior and exterior cleaned.
- Fridge freezers – defrosted and given an antibacterial clean.
To book an appointment, call our team of experts (see Section J for contact details)
- You must be a minimum of 16 years old
- You need to be a resident of the United Kingdom and have been living in the UK or Channel Islands for at least 6 out of the last 12 months.
- Your product must be in good working order.
- TV & Entertainment: TV, Projectors, DVD, Blu-ray, Home cinema, Set top boxes, Satellite equipment.
- Household Appliances: Washing Machines, Washer dryers, Tumble dryers, Kitchen Appliances, Vacuum cleaners, heaters and Coolers.
- Computing & Gadgets: Laptops, 2in1 Detachable computer, PC desktops, PC monitors, Tablets, E-readers, Apple & Smart watch, Printers, scanners, PC peripherals, Cameras, Camcorders, HiFi, Portable audio, GPS, Smart Tech, Games console, Telephones, Apple mac, iPad.
Section B - What is not included
- Any accidental damage.
- Theft or loss of the Product (or any part of it).
- The replacement of regularly replaced items/consumable items, including:
- Built-in batteries.
- Bulbs and lamps.
- Vacuum cleaner belts.
- Any cosmetic damage (e.g. rust, scratches etc.)
- Any accessories purchased or provided with the Product.
- Breakdown due to flood, wind or other severe weather conditions.
- Breakdown due to fire, unless caused by an electrical malfunction within the Product.
- Repair or replacement of the Product which has been neglected, abused, misused, or damaged intentionally. You must take reasonable care of the Product.
- Repairing or replacing a Product which has been exposed to insect infestation (or similar phenomenon) or human/animal fluid/matter.
- Inoperability of the Product caused by withdrawal of services by a third party or by a failure of, fault with or interruption of a utility supply.
- In no event will be be liable for loss or corruption of data, records or information, loss of profits, costs relating to any other policies or plans you have in place, loss or corruption of software, loss of benefit, loss of goodwill or loss of business, or any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss arising from any data recovery service.
- Household appliances and products if used for business purposes.
- Any loss suffered if you cannot use the Product.
- Products not eligible for Walk out Working - PC peripherals, Cameras, Camcorders, HiFi, Portable audio, GPS, Games console, Telephones.
- Any worldwide cover.
- Care & Repair where we have not received Plan payments on time in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Repair costs incurred by you instructing an unauthorised third party to carry out any repairs on the Product.
Section C – Important Information
This is not an insurance policy and is an extended warranty plan only.
"Us, We, Our, Team Knowhow" means DSG Retail Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, number 504877 whose registered office address is 1 Portal Way, Acton, London, W3 6RS and which trades under the names Currys, PC World, Dixons Travel
"You, Your" means the person who has entered into Care & Repair as defined in the document (top right).
- You don't have to buy a Care & Repair at the same time as you purchase your new product. If your Product is over 12 months old you can purchase a Care & Repair Plan, however, the 'Term' Plans offered may vary in length.
- Similar plans may be available from other providers.
- There are statutory rights in place that apply to faulty goods. You can find advice on those rights from the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Compare prices of extended warranties for domestic electrical goods at www.compareextendedwarranties.co.uk from any internet enabled mobile device, smartphone, PC or laptop.
- Your household insurance may provide you with some protection for your Product but:
- You may not be protected for faults caused by electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Portable Products may not be protected.
- Your annual premium may increase after your claim.
- You may have to pay an excess.
- You may cancel this Plan at any time.
- In the event that your Product is repaired following a repair request or you use a Valet (where applicable) or Expert Support service, your Care & Repair Plan will continue.
- In the event that your Product is replaced in accordance with the Product Replacement section in Section A, your Care & Repair Plan will automatically terminate. If your Care & Repair Plan is terminated in this scenario you will be entitled to a pro rata refund of any Plan payments made for the period after the date of termination of the Plan.
- We will not be responsible for any failure to carry out our obligations under Care & Repair if it is caused by any circumstances outside our reasonable control.
- You must allow us into your home or office at all reasonable times to repair the Product.
- To prevent damage caused by viruses, we strongly recommend that you keep all operating systems and anti-virus software up to date.
- If the Product stores data, we strongly recommend that you back up your data regularly as we can’t guarantee to restore data if your Product needs repairing.
- Where appropriate fully guaranteed refurbished or generic parts may be used.
Section D - Cancellation
You may cancel this Plan at any time.
If you pay up front for a set period of time for your Plan (Term plan) and have not made a valid repair request and cancel the Plan within 45 days from date of purchase or receipt of these terms, whichever is later, you will receive a full refund of the Plan payments paid. If you have made a repair request, you will receive a pro rata refund based on the number of full unexpired months remaining on your plan.
After 45 days you may cancel the Plan and will receive a pro rata refund of the Plan payments you have paid based on the number of full unexpired months of cover remaining regardless of whether a repair request has been made.
If you no longer wish to have the benefits of your ‘Term’ Plan you can provide notice to cancel by calling Team Knowhow Support experts (see Section J for contact details).
Pay as you go (PAYG) plan
If you have chosen a pay as you go Plan (PAYG Plan) you can cancel this at any time by either writing to us at the email or postal address or, by calling Team Knowhow Customer Services experts (see Section J for contact details) . If you cancel within 14 days of purchase and you haven’t used the service, we’ll give you a full refund. After this period, you can cancel your Plan at any time, but no refund will be given.
Our rights to cancel
We may cancel this Plan for any valid reason. A valid reason may include, but are not limited to:
- Where Plan payment(s) are not paid on time. If this happens, we will notify you of this. If the payment is not received (either by our second attempt to take the payment, or by you making the payment by alternative means) within 14 days from the date on which it was due, your Plan will be cancelled from the date on which the Plan payment(s) was due without the need for us to give any further notice to you. We may, at our discretion, allow this Plan to resume where a payment is made after this 14-day period, but we are under no obligation to do so.
- If you use your Product to commit a crime or to allow any crime to take place, we will cancel your Plan immediately and notify you of this in writing.
- Where we reasonably suspect fraud or where you have failed to provide us with complete and accurate information as required by section G of this Plan (‘Updating your details’), we may refuse any repair request and cancel your Plan immediately. You will not be entitled to a refund. We may also take legal action against you.
- If, because of a successful repair request under this Plan, we have issued you with a voucher to replace your Product we will immediately cancel your Plan with effect from the date of the incident which gave rise to the repair request.
- Unless otherwise stated above, if we cancel your Plan we will give at least one month written notice to the last known home or email address you have provided to us. If you have a Term plan and we cancel your Plan you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the Plan payment(s) you have paid based upon the number of unexpired Plan months remaining on the Plan for which you have paid.
Section E Renewals
Subject to the provisions in this Section E, you are entitled to renew your Term plan at the end of the Plan.
When your Plan is due to renew, we will write to you a few weeks beforehand with your renewal offer and quote. If we haven’t heard from you by your renewal date, we will assume that you no longer wish to continue supporting your Product and your Plan will lapse.
Please note in order to ensure that you are getting value from your Plan there is a limit to how many renewals of your Plan that you can make and how long the Plan is available for your Product. We will write to you to let you know when the Plan is no longer available for your Product (‘Maximum Plan Life’). In order to ascertain the Maximum Plan Life of your Plan we will take into consideration a number of factors, for example (please note that this is not an exhaustive list):
- the age of the Product;
- the usability and functions of the Product.
Where your Product has reached its Maximum Plan Life we will cancel your Plan. We will write to you to in advance to give you reasonable notice and confirm the date that the Plan will be cancelled. Where the Product has reached its Maximum Plan Life it cannot be renewed.
Where you have a Term plan, notwithstanding the above in relation to the Maximum Plan Life, the Plan will always apply for the initial term of the Plan you have taken out.
Section F Duration of the Plan
Care & Repair will begin from the date you purchase this Plan
The Plan expires on the earliest of:
- The date your Product is replaced by us in accordance with this Plan or we issue you with a voucher for a replacement; or
- The date of the Maximum Plan Life as we have communicated to you in accordance with Section E; or
- The date the Plan is cancelled by you or us.
Section G - Updating your details / Transferring the Plan
If you need to amend any of your details, such as your name or address please contact Team Knowhow Customer Services (see Section J for contact details) so that we can update our records. To ensure you get the best service possible it is important the details of the owner of the Product remain up to date.
If you sell or give away your Product, you can transfer this Plan to the new owner, free of charge. To do so you must write to us with details of the new owner’s name and address. The new owner will need to continue to pay us for the Plan.
Section H - Data Protection
Section I - Complaints Procedure
DSG Retail Limited is the Care & Repair administrator and aims to provide the service in accordance with the terms and conditions. In the event of a complaint, please contact Team Knowhow Customer Services (see Section J for contact details).
Section J - Get in touch for help and support
Call our experts on: 0344 561 1234
Write to us at: Team Knowhow Customer Services, PO Box 4043, Swindon, SN4 4NA.
If you require any Care Services literature in an alternative format such as Braille, audio cassette or large print, please contact Team Knowhow Customer Services.
Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
Why Care & Repair FAQS
I don’t have Care & Repair, I have a different Care Plan which I bought prior to March 2020, where can I find information about this?
Click here for more info: www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/protect-terms-condition-612-commercial.html
Why do I need Care & Repair if I have a manufacturer's guarantee? What's the difference?
Sure, a manufacturer's guarantee is often included with the product. BUT they don't give you a guarantee on how quickly they'll fix it if it breaks. They might even ask you to pay an admin fee or ask you to pay for shipping.
Our Care & Repair always comes with a 7-day fix promise. That means if we can't fix it in 7 days, you can request a brand new replacement. We'll give you a Currys PC World voucher so you can buy a replacement in our stores (T&Cs apply).
You can also ask for a new replacement product after we repair it twice.
You'll never be charged for parts, labour or call-outs. We pay for everything so you can sit back and relax.
For most TV & Entertainment and Household appliances, if we have to replace your product, we'll deliver and install for free. For most computers and gadgets, you'll get a free set-up, one to one and data transfer so you can get up and running as soon as possible.
What if I have home insurance? Isn't my stuff covered under that?
This totally depends on the terms of your home insurance – this can vary wildly. Care & Repair isn't an insurance policy, it's an extended warranty plan. We DON'T cover for accidental damage, loss or theft. In general, home insurance usually covers theft and accidental damage but not mechanical breakdown.
Home insurance usually charges an excess charge if you make a claim. We will never charge you anything extra – what you see is what you get!
What if I decide to buy Care & Repair months after my purchase?
You're in luck – you can buy Care & Repair for an item that's up to 12 months old, as long as it's in working condition.
Will Care & Repair protect me against accidental damage?
No, Care & Repair isn't an insurance policy. It's an extended warranty plan designed to protect you and your item against any breakdowns.